Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Starting Out

        Well, things are starting to look really great so far! I am so happy that I finally came up with a name and logo and everything. The logo, as well as my blog background, was created by me. Normally I would do this kind of stuff in MS paint, but a friend of mine informed me on this program called Inkscape and now I can create graphics that look like I paid someone to make them. It's actually really fun to play around with it. Just another creative thing I can become obsessed with, haha.

        For all you computer literate crafters, and those graphic obsessed, Inkscape can be downloaded HERE
The program is 100% free and you can export bitmap files and they look JUST as good as the normal Inkscape files. If you aren't the type of person to learn while doing like I am, there are tutorials available that clearly explain how to use the program.

        So other than spending the wee hours of the morning working on Inkscape I am slowly but surely setting up things to get my small handmade business going. There is still a lot of stuff to be done, but I hope to be open within a couple months if not sooner. Money constraints can be a huge pain when setting up something like this, and of course I am always coming up with new ideas for products or things I just want to try in general (like making my own pendants from wood). That being said, I am so happy to be starting up a business and showcasing my creativity as well as offering free tutorials, recipes, and other random bits and pieces to all of my readers.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment